I'm not a huge fan of new year's resolutions. But, what the heck:
1. Run a mile a day.
2. Finish reading the Bible (this was my plan from last year -- the Bible in a year. I'm somewhere at the end of July in my chronological Bible)
3. Be a little better at me. I miss reading books for me. I am usually reading something related to our studies, which is OK, but there is a whole wide world of books out there that I'd like to read -- from pop fiction to classics. Last year, there were several reading challenges going on at some of the homeschool forums I frequent. I just glanced over this one at Medieval Bookworm (a link from Susan Wise Bauer's blog) at it looks like fun. I'm going to go for Peasant level (3 books) to add into my mix of other things I'd like to read:
- (3) Twilight series (I'm probably the last person in the world who hasn't read these)
- (1) A book from Glenn Beck's reading list (politics)
- (1) A book from Oprah's book list
- (1) Re-read Pride and Prejudice (love Jane Austen! It's been probably 8-9 years since I read it last)
- (1) Get The Well-Educated Mind and read a book off that list.
- (3) Three medieval-related books